So a couple of weeks ago I went and saw the Green Smoothie Girl. Didn't know much about her. In the short hour and a half I learned a lot from her. I decided that I should look into getting some of her books and educate my self and family. I've always wanted my kids to be good eats and I have always wanted to eat healthy. My son is a very picky eater and I have always battled with him. My girls are pretty good. But I will be honest my kids also eat a lot of sugar and processed foods. My son could lives off of carbs he loves, white bread, pancakes, pizza, muffins, chicken nuggets, grill cheese and a banana. It just kills me and he wont try anything new.
So after talking with my husband I told him things need to change. So we got the 12 steps to whole foods from Green Smoothie Girl. My husband and I have been reading it together ever night. It has really opened our eyes. So starting yesterday we said good bye to junk food and got rid of a bunch of food. No sugar in this house. It will be very hard for the first 4 days.
This morning for breakfast we had a couple of melt downs and a couple of more. Am I crazy? Is it going to be hard? Do I really want to do this? Yes, Yes and Yes. My kids health is the most important thing to me. I need to be a better example and teach my kids the important's about eating healthy.
So I have decided to blog about my process and how things are going. That way I can look back and see our progress.
Breakfast today: I made every one green smoothies with whole wheat bread with almond butter on it. (big change from buttermilk pancakes, with syrup or cold cereal)
Daddy: Like it
Son: not a fan at all drank one sip and wouldn't eat the rest. So I put it in the fridge for later.
Daughter: Love it
Daughter 2: Just like her brother.
Then we went to an Easter Egg hunt, they had cookies and off course eggs full of candy. What did my son and daughter 2 want? COOKIES and what did they both do when I told them no because they didn't eat their breakfast and no because remember we are trying to not eat sugar foods. MELT DOWN city. Of course I new that would happy. Some may think that I'm such a mean mom. No I'm just trying to teach my kids to make good choices. Liked I said the first four days will be HARD, but with the support of my hubby we can get through this. So here is to the next 12 months of a HEALTHY change for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment